Monday, January 23, 2012

I Just Come Back Running ! - Part 4 - Beauty in the world

December 2011'

Tuesday 13th.

Day 4


                  After a very tough intro to 2012' Lets not forget this  xxx :0)


It was off to La Lucciola for breakfast today...huge fans of their fantastic breakfasts, service and the atmosphere in the pagi is hard to beat.
The close proximity of the villa to this restaurant  (which turned out to be a 15 minute walk along the beach) was one of the 'Must Have's' on my list of possibilities when searching for accom.
After our long and fabulous breakfasts we had here in Oct. I couldn't wait to return with Rob.


On the way to La Luc, though it was early it was really very hot already.
Ku de ta which has been on my wish list for years was going to be a definite this trip (I was determined as it was just a short walk from the villa) I tried to spot it from the beach on a couple of occasions without luck. Now I've been there I won't have a problem spotting the red couches though.

                                                             La Lucciola in the morning.

                   Those tangerine and the espresso granita's are perfect after the hot walk up the beach.
                                                              If you're careful of the immense 'brain freeeeeeeze'


                                                    It's not many places I feel the need to take a picture of the toilet!


                                                               Flowers on the toilet rolls.
                              I hope the lady in the cubicle next to mine didnt't  get the wrong idea when she heard me taking 
                                                                                          photo's in there!


We had a couple of things on the agenda after breakfast so we grabbed a bluebird and gave him the game plan. What luck, he was a really nice, smiley guy who was up for a chat too.
He was looking at an 18 hr day and needed to make a certain amount prior to knocking off. He was such a lovely guy we were happy to pay him enough by the end of our trip , so he could go home early to his family.

First stop was "Mum's" to pop in on the staff and thank them again for making our stay in Oct. so wonderful. It was Iluh's day off so we would return tomorrow to catch up with her (before their next lot of guests arrived (lucky buggers)in the sian ) I wanted Rob to meet her too and get the grand tour.

Then it was back to Villa Teratai to pack a couple of the tuna we had caught on ice and deliver them to Jack at Garlic Lane as promised. We know his Istri is a big, big fan of fish.

When we got there we grabbed some more DVD's from his store 'Jacky's Disc's'  and seeing that Ketuts store is in the lane opposite Jack's we wandered down there to grab some more of the $3.50 Nike running shorts the boys have become fond of and I wanted one of those 'Tree's of Life' from Ketuts friends shop opp. that Gabbyo (I think) had recommended for hanging earrings on ...what a great tip! It looks great on our dresser and I have rediscovered earrings long forgotten (thanks for the tip!) .

I bought an incense burner also to use back at the Villa as the cleaning fluid they use is quite strong but problem solvered after burning just one stick. Excellent place to pick up some little gifts for loved ones too.
I was going to give finding the Debbie shop a try but we were already over it and needed a swim.

We had a couple of complimentary Balinese massages in the villa that afternoon which were great, although mine ended in gunfire....The movie Rob and I had been watching was a very quiet one full of whispers and mumblings so he continued to watch it during my massage , I came out of relax mode pretty quickly when all the characters opened fire on each other at the end.

After an afternoon of just chillin' we thought we would give " me'n'u " restaurant a try but then it absolutely hammered down. Not an umbrella to be found in the villa , so I gave calling a bluebird a go and thought it may of been a long shot if they found us because of the road work blocking the way from one direction and the rain was HEAVY.

It was taking a while and I stuck my head out of the door at one point to discover a happy smiling security guard under his pink umbrella... with a ' Hello ...my name is Otto' and a shake of my hand he was off up the Jalan to see if he could find our wayward bluebird, bless him.
Success! and the smiling driver had tried to come from the roadwork direction before finding the roadblock....it turned out to be only a 2 minute drive to the restaurant but we gave him a nice tip ( a drop or 2 of lavender in your bath water and you'll find all your worries just drift away :0) No, really, for his trouble and because fares were going to be pretty thin on the ground on a wet night like this we widened his smile with some cash.

Me'n'u did the norm (Chicken Gordon blue etc.) pretty well and the staff were lovely and very attentive not a lot of folk about on this wet, wet night.

We caught a cab home and Rob went straight off to bed. All of this relaxing can really take it out of you and he had been enjoying nodding off  to his music, using the new headphones he had got at the duty free shop.

I watched a movie and was about to watch another when there was a blackout, I had located a torch earlier in case of this but didn't check it ...Nope, it wasn't going to work for me so it was a case of doing the Helen Keller up the staircase, geez wet tiles can get slippery and the scream when I put my hand on a poor unsuspecting ghekko waiting for his dinner on the wall, would have woken the dead!! But not a man listening to Black Sabbath apparently.... :0)

Selamat Malam



No comments:

Post a Comment