Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Love The Way You Are Baby - Day 2


We were off to La Lucciola in the pagi . A big plus when I booked this accomm in regards to the close 5 minute walk to one of our all time favourite, "dream about, please people I can't wait to take you there", breakfast places and I don't usually do breakfast. As usual whilst staying in a villa the staff were disappointed that we weren't hanging around for brekky but they seemed to understand when we mentioned La Looch.





Ahh La Looch..the road to Breakfast Bliss.







The smoothies and frozen granita's were as good as ever.


I am happy to report that nothing had changed. Service and food absolutely impeccable as usual. 
Min's tattoos received a lot of attention from a particular waiter who just hovered absolutely agog.
It wasn't the first time I'd been to Bali with a heavily tattooed woman and the Balinese love that they are so visible on our white skin not to mention that Min's artwork is very unique.






I had teed up 'Made Chepot' (another TA recommendation :) to pick us up in the car park at 11 to take us to Tanah Lot. He was there waiting for us with his big smile. Lovely guy with a wonderfully infectious laugh.

 I hadn't been to Tanah Lot since the 90's and one of Matt's wishes this trip was to visit some temples so "TaDahDeDah" we were off to Tanah Lot on our first pagi! It was a good opportunity to scratch a bit of a market itch that some of us were having too.






              A ceremony had just taken place and we enjoyed watching everyone in their finery.







 The tide was coming in rapidly and there was still a queue waiting to cross the waterway with baskets of offerings piled high on their heads.











It was very hot and we wandered the markets, the first taste for the Newbies. The sellers were all very laid back and nice. Matt and I purchased a couple of woven hats to keep the sun at bay and a sarong or 2.


When we found 'Made' in the car park he told us it was 42 degrees and we had no reason to doubt him!
We were in need of a tasty beverage or 2 so off to Echo Beach we went.







I have a thing about Frozen Margaherita's whilst in Bali. 
Quality is very diverse.
But later this trip at dinner time my tastes did turn more to the Martini's. Tough life hey!

And yes that hat stayed in Bali, it did do it's job though it was like wearing an umbrella!

Matt put his bargaining skills to the test.
His new Echo Beach shades.



We were going to drop into Deus on the way home but could hear The Maharaj calling us home so we  returned to our palace and had cocktails served to us in the pool by the wonderful Putra. 
Daz, Matt and I are in the early stages of studying Bahasa Indonesia and Putra got quite a kick out of trying to teach me to roll my R's  My god He was a Master at it too....a talent I have serious doubts about whether I will ever achieve. I'm hopeless at whistling and blowing bubbles so the chances of me rolling my R's is going to be a non-event too I feel.
Luke had gone his own way after La Luc to organise a motor bike for his holiday stay (gnashing of teeth:0}
but I must say the fact that he had it, got us out of the proverbial pooh later in the trip.

So we returned and got Rock Star treatment for the afternoon....sigh...





In our absence the staff had blown up some pool tools for us.


I have a feeling at this point Putra arrived on the scene and asked if Mr.Matt would like a drink.



Oh Putra...He knew his stuff.
What did I tell ya...Rock Star moments.

After I got out of the pool Putra motioned for me to come into the kitchen. He had discovered it was 
Daz's birthday tomorrow and wanted to organise a cake for him..what a guy :0). 
He also asked if we wished to eat breakfast at the villa tomorrow morning ...how could I dash his hopes again.

With all this talk of food it was time to decide on tonight's delectable venue and Chandi was decided upon.

On the way out of the Maharaj gate that evening there was a little crowd of staff in the Security Hut they all had huge smiles and were arranging flowers, ...it didn't even occur to me at the time that they were for Darien!


From memory this is a chilli and ginger margherita



The seafood tasting plate for 2.


No not frog spawn but passionfruit.

A whole duck was enjoyed.

Ahh another beautiful night in Bali with the ones I love enjoying another wonderful meal in a great restaurant.
Then a clanger was dropped! I couldn't believe what the kids were planning for the next day and as far as I was concerned Maddie was the only sane one amongst them! 
I won't go into detail but it was enough for me to consider moving out and finding other digs the next day and leaving them to it! 
Now I knew being the 'mother hen' with all the younguns could pose some problems at some point this trip but on the 2nd. night give me a break!

By the looks of this picture the clanger had been dropped. I was not happy! Then to add insult to injury they all up and left me sitting in the restaurant to visit a surf store across the road ....bloody kids! I dropped into the surf store to let them know I was off to the Maharaj. I know I didn't jalan jalan home by myself but I can't remember who walked home with me. 


These photo's aren't great and definitely don't do the beautiful Master suite justice.



The outside shower.


Time for bed.

I called Rob back home in the early hours (he gets up at 4am. Adelaide time) with my tale of whoa and he was furious. As parents you get that hey. We decided to see what tomorrow would bring. 
As if I hadn't missed him the first night it went doubly this night. It just added more fuel to his argument for me not to visit Bali again without him. Hmmmm

Not a great note to end this one on but it did all work out well the next day. Bloody Kids!

Sampai Jumpa teman teman saya!






















No comments:

Post a Comment